The information listed below is an accompaniment of the CaPS Orientation Sessions.
Welcome to McGill! Here are the key resources you should know about CaPS.
- C.V. drop-in hours: Come in person at 9 am to register for the same day drop-in session.
- Workshops: Check out the “Current Workshops” section for this semester’s career workshops.
- Career fairs: Want to know who is hiring? Check out this page for all the upcoming fairs.
- OCR: Graduating this semester? Learn how to prepare yourself for on-campus recruitment.
Jobs and Funding
- MyFuture: Login to see jobs, internships and career workshops.
- International opportunities: Register with GoinGlobal* and MyWorldAbroad to look for international job postings. (*How to set up a VPN connection to access online databases)
- On-campus jobs: Check out this page for ideas on how to locate jobs on campus, including the best way to locate on-campus jobs and Research Opportunities database.
- Volunteer opportunities: This page lists opportunities within McGill and in Montreal.
- External scholarships: Check out this site for external funding for your studies.
Programs and Tools
- PACE: Join this program to explore your values, interests, skills and career options.
- Mentor Program: Register this program to get career insight from McGill Alumni.
- What can I do with my studies: Read the handouts to explore career options in your study area.
- How-To Guides: Tips on how to find jobs, connect employers, write a professional CV and cover letter, and prepare yourself for interview and career fairs.
- Learning French/English Guide: This page lists courses and ways to learn French or English in Montreal.
- Graduate Studies: This webpage provides databases to find a study program in Canada and abroad.
- Writing Centre: This Centre help you refine your academic writing skills.